"Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life." --Herbert Otto

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Homeschooling - Week 1

We have completed week one! It is so much fun.
Reading/Phonics: short vowel sounds
Math: one to one correspondence/counting
Writing: Practice writing vowels
History: Genesis, Beginning of Time, Creation
Science: None yet!
Art/Music: Painted with apple halves, made "Apple Jack" necklaces, painted white igloos on black paper
Lots of reading together and individually "reading" books.
Malachi has spent hours building ships out of Legos.
Isaiah drew up football plays after studying a book about John Madden and the history of football.

I am getting to know my kids in ways I didn't think was possible. I mean, I thought I knew them and spent a lot of time with them. But this is different. Isaiah is very precise and is a perfectionist. Malachi tends to take care of the twins. He offers to share his supplies with them. Malachi is quite good at coloring too!

Well, hopefully I won't take so long to write before next time.

No comments: