"Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life." --Herbert Otto

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stupidity

Saturday night we were invited to a friend's house for dinner. We decided to bring a couple of wine coolers. Ray and I stopped at the QuikTrip to pick up a drink on the way. I helped Ray carry one of the wine coolers to the register. The employee asked for our I.D.'s and Ray quickly produced his. I didn't have mine so I told the clerk I didn't have it with me. He immediately grabbed the drinks and moved them off the counter while telling us he could not sell to us. I know he was just doing his job but it really pissed me off. I know why the laws are there, but just because I was standing there, Ray could not buy the drinks. Is that crazy or what? I mean, had I waited in the car then he could go ahead and make the purchase. It seems to me that the law is not doing what it is supposed to be doing. If I had thought like a criminal in the first place then I could've just sent my husband in to buy but instead the law prevents someone like me, a 32 year old Christian woman with 5 kids who rarely drinks, from buying a drink.
NOW THAT'S JUST STUPID!

No comments: