"Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life." --Herbert Otto

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Swimming, swimming and more swimming!

Actually only 2 days of swimming. But it was a lot of fun. Monday we took the whole family to the public swimming pool. Then we went again on Wednesday night to meet my mom and the group of kids who were going with the church group. The city recently upgraded the pool to be like a mini water park, lazy river and all! Nehemiah took off to go off the diving board and be with his friends. Ray and I stayed in the shallow pool with the younger kids. I had a lot of fun watching the twins jump into the water from the edge of the pool and watching them go down the slides. Isaiah practiced swimming underwater from one end of the pool to the other. Malachi practiced going under water and jumping in. The twins scared me once when they decided to come back to the shallow pool (they were at the table talking to my mom) and jump in on the deep end! It's only 3 ft and even though they can reach the bottom, they are not tall enough for their heads to be above the water! Both jumped in without me or Ray being there! I swam over as fast as I could and rescued Seth, while Nehemiah saved Samara! Whew! What a relief! Gotta watch those little ones closely!

No comments: