"Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life." --Herbert Otto

Friday, June 20, 2008

Another Reason Why I Love My Husband

I always know I love him but from time to time he does something that reminds me all over again. Recently we were headed out to the pool toting along a few extra kids, as usual. We had not yet had lunch so we stopped by Little Caesar's to pick up some $5.55 Hot and Ready Pepperoni Pizzas to take to the pool with us. I stayed in the car with the kids while Ray headed inside to buy the food. I saw him walk over to a van that was parked a couple of parking spaces over and start talking to the driver. The lady's van wouldn't start. Ray lifted her hood and began inspecting. Then he pulled out the jumper cables from the back of the Suburban. He jumped off her van, refused any payment and went inside to buy food. Well, before the lady was able to drive off, her van died again. Ray came back outside and explained to her that it may be her alternator but patiently pulled out the jumper cables again.
I was so proud of him for helping her out. Not that it's unusual, he always stops when he sees someone in need. But that doesn't make me any less proud. Not to mention the fact that the kids witnessed this and learned a lesson in kindness.

No comments: