"Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life." --Herbert Otto

Monday, June 16, 2008

Brotherly Love

Malachi has had a loose tooth for a while now. He was very excited when he finally pulled it out. The only problem was...he lost it. He dropped it somewhere and couldn't find it again. I told him to look for it so he could put it under his pillow and I went on about my business. When I finally walked into the kids' bedroom that night, I heard Isaiah consoling Malachi. They didn't know I was listening. Malachi was crying because he was not able to find the tooth and he thought that the tooth fairy would not bring him anything. I overheard Isaiah say, "It's ok Malachi, when I lose my next tooth, I will give it to you."
I thought I was going to cry too!
I reassured Malachi that the tooth fairy is magic and that she would still be able to find his lost tooth.
Luckily, she did, and Malachi woke up to find $5 under his pillow! (Dang, that's a lot of money!)

No comments: